Good morning. A new day. Rise and shine. The sun. Everything will be ok. Well it’s actually 2:30 am BUT I’m saying good morning because there’s been so many changes and new starts and transitions going on right now in my life and good morning quite simply sums up the mood.
Good morning, I welcome myself back to this bloggo and just writing and acknowledging my emotions in general. I have been for too long out of touch with myself, my growth, and my ambitions. Journaling is what helps me process life: my feelings, difficult situations, anxiety, happy memories, gratitude, growth.
And I’ve been pushing off taking care of myself because of reasons that shouldn’t be prioritized over my mental wellbeing. So today, I’m embarking on a journey of: daily journals. Good morning, I can do this.
(I’m wearing my sunny yellow Better World by Design t-shirt right now. I love the color. It’s a bold & warm kind of happy. It radiates. What a nice feeling, to be full of positivity and gratefulness and excitement for life. That’s peace.)
I’m going through Really Big Major Changes right now, and should probably chronicle them here before talking any more:
- I’m at Brown! WHAT?? School started about 3 weeks ago. It’s been a hectic time, but things are finally starting to settle into rhythm.
- It’s so weird to finally be here, in reality, to actually step into this culture, this environment, this ambiance, this space that I’ve imagined and idealized and spent so much emotional energy on. Coming here with so much imagined, it’s like trying to overlap footprints in the snow. You expect so much to be the same as your imaginations, you know that’s not realistic, you don’t know if you want reality to be more similar to your expectations, you become surprised maybe confused and perhaps even disillusioned because it isn’t, you experience cognitive dissonance, you knew it wouldn’t be like what you imagined… It’s just very much ~idk~ in general.
- I’ve met so many great and awesome and kind people. I think I’ve met some people I can call my best friends! (!!!!) so wonderful, so grateful
- MY CLASSES ARE AMAZING. I am not kidding. I’m taking:
- POLS 820H Race and Visions of Justice: this is a small (16 people) seminar about theories of justice, esp racial, and ultimately asks if modern liberalism is a viable theory to solve racial inequality in the US. Tell me this isn’t interesting af ??? We do a lotta reading and get to critically reflect on it and discuss together in class, which is super nice because it makes you think and question deeply about the material. The other people in my class are so intelligent and class is always just so stimulating. It challenges what I’ve understood and provides so many more perceptions; it makes me think so much about things.
- POLS 400 Intro to International Politics: bruh. My professor is So Good. He’s so good at lecturing. It’s a huge class (220~ people) but I love how he dissects the material in a clear & straightforward & logical way. Also, international politics is just very interesting for me (I’m probably majoring in International Relations because I love!! it! but that’s a long post i might write up later).
- CS 1300 User Interface and User Experience: ok so I love design and esp. UI/UX this course was literally made for me we do so much interesting homework and actually learn about the science of designing things ?? like did you know that tactile response is faster than auditory which is faster than visual – so that’s why keyboards are springy & we have vibrations on our phones. also things called affordances are super nifty like they are features of the product design that “suggest” to you what to do to make a product work so it makes learning how to use a new thing super intuitive (e.g. a round door knob is an affordance that tells you you should turn the door knob to open the door, as opposed to, say, push or pull the door). AND LIKE WE DISCUSS how to better design things so that they are easy to learn and use and are more efficient like hello ?? i love??? also the professor is super funny and chill and lectures really really well.
- ENGN 90 Management of Industrial and Non-Profit Organizations: ditto the title. We go through case studies of actual businesses and their certain management or marketing dilemmas. In general, we study business decisions and entrepreneurship, which is something I’m heavily interested in. (Also the prof is really nice and chill.)
- I’m in a relationship! wth????? wth???? wth??????? ya it’s true! (!!!!) He’s funny and considerate and caring and loving and smart and compassionate and we vibe super well and he likes me a lot what else can u ask for??? it makes me happy when I think about him, life is good I’m v lucky 🙂
Yep, a lot of big major changes going on here. Good morning. I’m trying, I’m surviving, I’m thriving.
ok it’s like 3:13 i will sleep now! more tomorrow!